Home › VUU School of Global & Continuing Education › Programs Overview
Participants must reside in Richmond, Va area and be at least 18 years old.
Participle will receive a laptop, $1,500 Scholarship, coaches/mentors & healthcare instructors.
Program Date(s) June 1- July 15, 2021
The provide participants with usable, transferrable to workplace skills in the healthcare profession. The certificate program takes seven weeks to complete. The certificate program is a partnership between Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Foundation, VUU's Sydney Lewis School of Business, School of Arts and Sciences and VUU Global.
Program Modules, Weeks 1-7
- Week1: Introduction to Healthcare Administration, Part 1
- Week 2: Introduction to Healthcare Administration, Part 2
- Week 3: Fundamentals of Health Science
- Week 4: Fundamentals of Health Information Systems
- Week 5: Financial Services in Healthcare
- Week 6: Occupations in Healthcare
- Week 7: Workforce Skills Assessment
Dr. Vanessa Nelson-Reed
Ms. April Morgan
*Instructors provide coaching and employment/technology research for participants.
Dr. Linda Jackson